USED FOR: BANNERS | FEATURES | ADS
Sliders are used to transition Pages and Files from left to right.
The most obvious use case of a Slider is to slide a set of tagged images from left to right. The Slider will automatically display the image to be full width of the Frame in which it sits.
By default, the Image Slider will open the image as a pop-up Lightbox. In exactly the same way as the Gallery widget works, see above.
The more dynamic and flexible use case of an image Slider, is to transition a set of tagged 'Section' pages.
To recap on section pages; when you change the 'Page Type' to 'Section', the Header and the Footer of the page are automatically disabled. Therefore, the Section page may sit neatly on another page. A section page has its URL (web address) hidden, so it is not recognised as a page, even though you have full control to edit it in any way that you like.
The most common use case of a Section page is your Footer. To edit your footer you simply look for 'Hidden' and 'Section' pages, you still have the power to edit your footer just like any other page, even though it is not actually a real page.
With this in mind, to make your Page Slider, you may now create a series of Section pages, as follows:
- In the Page Editor, click on your widget to open it.
- Select 'Slider'
- Select 'Section'
- Select your tags 'Tags'
- Select any other preferences that you would like to apply
- Save. Now your Section pages will transition in a Slider
Page Sliders are extremely useful because you can completely change the content in each Section, so that each page Layout is completely different.
Pro Tip: When creating new Page Sections to be used in a Slider, you should ensure the height of each Section page is exactly the same height. This will allow for a nice even look when the pages slide. You can set this up as follows:
- In the Page Editor, flip to 'Row' view at the top of the page.
- Click the Pencil Icon in the Frame Tools.
- Set the Height of the Row e.g. to 500px.
- Try not to write too much content, so that the content does not overflow the space available in the Layout. Because the image is a fixed height, surplus content will overflow the bottom of the Layout. If your content does overflow, consider changing the 'Overflow' settings to 'Scroll'.
- Save your Page.
- When you create new pages to appear in your slider. You can simply clone this page using the 'Clone Tool' in the main Page List area.