To embed a Vimeo video as a high def background video you need to have a Vimeo Pro account.
GET YOUR VIMEO CODE:
Once you have uploaded a video to your Vimeo account, you can now paste the code to your website.
- In your Vimeo account go to 'Settings' for the video that you wish to use in your background
- Go to 'Video File'
- Scroll down to 'Access your video files'
- Copy the code for 'High Def 1080p (mp4, 1920x1080)' It should look a little like this:
- Now, return back to MOBLE, paste this code into the 'Background Video' area where you would like it to appear.
Please note that for background videos MOBLE does not use the following functions to embed your video:
- Does not use the video URL to embed background videos
- Does not use the video ID to embed background videos
- Does not use the standard video embed code to embed background videos (though this can be used for other videos on the page, i.e. those that are not the background)
MY VIDEO IS NOT HIGH DEF 1080p (mp4, 1920x1080):
When recording your video it is important that you produce your video in a format that will display perfectly across the internet. Your video will appear on many screen sizes and therefore you do not want your video to stretch, otherwise, it might be pixelated or blurry.
Please produce or purchase your video at 1080p at a resolution or 1920x1080.
If your video is only 720p, please note that it will most likely look pixelated, particularly when viewed on a desktop.
You can read more about Vimeo's compression guidelines here: https://vimeo.com/help/compression